Medicinal Herb Garden – Herbie Freebie
June – July I will be teaching make-and-take classes on Thursdays at 10 am at Synergy. Register Here.
I also have a Family Herbalist Course. Find more information here.
Friday Herbie Freebie
Mother’s Day Herbie Freebie
Book Now till Mother’s Day for 25% off if you are a stressed-out-burnt mom who needs some extra support!
I got you!
- ¾ cup Fenugreek seed
- ½ cup Nettle
- ½ cup Red Raspberry leaf
- ¼ cup Fennel Seed
- ¼ cup Blessed Thistle
- Add ¼ – ½ cup Chamomile if you are super stressed.
- Add ¼ cup of Anise seed or Star Anise if you like the licorice flavor or
- Add ¼ cup Lemon Verbena if you like a more lemony flavor
- Add ¼ cup of Marshmallow root if it is too drying for you.
- Directions 1 Tbsp in 8oz Hot Water. Steep 15 min. Enjoy 3-4x/day.
- Fun fact: Fenugreek will make your sweat smell like maple syrup.
- Ready to quit breastfeeding? Drink Sage and or Parsley tea. 3-4 cups daily.
Friday Herbie Freebie!
It’s National Arbor Day
While celebrating trees they can cause lots of allergies for some!
Essential Oil Inhalers can be helpful for alleviating symptoms of allergies.
Amazon sells these inhalers. They come with a cotton insert which can be changed out.
- Add 10-25 drops to the cotton.
- Or mix the essential oils in a bowl 1st for better blending and then soak cotton in the oils.
Essential Oils to add to the inhaler.
- Niaouli: expectorant, immuno-modulatory
- Laurel: Antispasmodic, expectorant, immune-modulatory, mucolytic
- Lemon: Antispasmodic, antiviral, anxiolytic, astringent, detoxifier, immune enhancer
- German Chamomile: Anti-allergenic, anti-inflammatory, antipruritic, antispasmodic, nervine
- Scots Pine; Decongestant, expectorant, neurotonic, restorative
- Pinon Pine: decongestant, expectorant, immune enhancer
- Cedarwood: for sinus headache, reduce congestion, and calm allergic reaction. This is a thicker oil and generally, you use less.
- Tea Tree: anti-fungal, immune support
- Lavender: reduce swollen sinuses, is anti-infectious, and emotional support
- Frankincense: anti-inflammatory
- Eucalyptus: Anti-catarrhal, anti-inflammatory, antitussive, expectorant, immune-modulatory, mucolytic. Caution in those with epilepsy.
Friday Herbie Freebie!
I use this tea for so many other things. So many people used this during CoV and found it to be very helpful! Often used as a pick-me up in the mornings, and in the summertime it is a great cooling drink! Enjoy making this tea or you can contact me if you would just like to buy it.