Friday Herbie Freebie
Mother’s Day Herbie Freebie
Book Now till Mother’s Day for 25% off if you are a stressed-out-burnt mom who needs some extra support!
I got you!
- ¾ cup Fenugreek seed
- ½ cup Nettle
- ½ cup Red Raspberry leaf
- ¼ cup Fennel Seed
- ¼ cup Blessed Thistle
- Add ¼ – ½ cup Chamomile if you are super stressed.
- Add ¼ cup of Anise seed or Star Anise if you like the licorice flavor or
- Add ¼ cup Lemon Verbena if you like a more lemony flavor
- Add ¼ cup of Marshmallow root if it is too drying for you.
- Directions 1 Tbsp in 8oz Hot Water. Steep 15 min. Enjoy 3-4x/day.
- Fun fact: Fenugreek will make your sweat smell like maple syrup.
- Ready to quit breastfeeding? Drink Sage and or Parsley tea. 3-4 cups daily.
Friday Herbie Freebie!
It’s National Arbor Day
While celebrating trees they can cause lots of allergies for some!
Essential Oil Inhalers can be helpful for alleviating symptoms of allergies.
Amazon sells these inhalers. They come with a cotton insert which can be changed out.
- Add 10-25 drops to the cotton.
- Or mix the essential oils in a bowl 1st for better blending and then soak cotton in the oils.
Essential Oils to add to the inhaler.
- Niaouli: expectorant, immuno-modulatory
- Laurel: Antispasmodic, expectorant, immune-modulatory, mucolytic
- Lemon: Antispasmodic, antiviral, anxiolytic, astringent, detoxifier, immune enhancer
- German Chamomile: Anti-allergenic, anti-inflammatory, antipruritic, antispasmodic, nervine
- Scots Pine; Decongestant, expectorant, neurotonic, restorative
- Pinon Pine: decongestant, expectorant, immune enhancer
- Cedarwood: for sinus headache, reduce congestion, and calm allergic reaction. This is a thicker oil and generally, you use less.
- Tea Tree: anti-fungal, immune support
- Lavender: reduce swollen sinuses, is anti-infectious, and emotional support
- Frankincense: anti-inflammatory
- Eucalyptus: Anti-catarrhal, anti-inflammatory, antitussive, expectorant, immune-modulatory, mucolytic. Caution in those with epilepsy.
International Tea Day!
My Favorite Medicinal Tea Recipies in Celebration of International Tea Day!
Ginger Chamomile Tea:
- Chamomile 1 Tbsp
- Ginger 1 pinch or to taste
- Honey to taste.
- Steep for 30 min.
- Helpful for an upset stomach, nausea, pain, or inflammation. Help you relax at night! Really, will help almost any ailment.
Holy Vana Mate!
- 1 Tbsp Holy Basil (Vana)
- 1 Tbsp Yerba Mate.
- Pour 8oz 160-180 degree Water over. Steep for 3-5 Min. or longer! See how you like it!.
Helpful for a yummy tasting pick me up! There is caffeine in the tea. There are also the extra added benefits of Holy Basil as an adaptogen and blood sugar control, and upset digestion.
Fasting Support Tea
- 1 Tbsp Hibiscus
- 1 tsp Spearmint
Just a lovely tasting tea that helps when you are fasting, to help you fast a little bit longer!
- This same tea can be swapped with Peppermint for a lovely cooling Summer Tea.
- If it is too sour add honey to taste.
- 2 Tbsp Cacao powder (or nibs *Increase nibs for more cocoa flavor)
- 2 Tbsp Roasted Chicory Rt.
- 2 Tbsp Roasted Dandelion Rt.
Prepare in a French press with 30oz Hot Water. Steep for 4 min Strain and Enjoy. If you would like it to be more bitter for more medicinal effects. You do not need to strain. This is a prebiotic-rich, heart, and liver-supportive drink! Taste great if you double the recipe and make it as a cold infusion and add your favorite cream.
- 1 Tbsp Frozen Juiced Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Lemon or Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp Honey.
Add all the above to 8oz hot water and enjoy. Great at the 1st sign of sickness or headache or any kind of pain. Menstrual pain also!
- 1.5 Heeping tbsp Chamomile
- 1 Tbsp Catnip
- 1 Tbsp Skullcap
- Directions: 1 heaping Tbsp in 8oz Hot water. Steep for 15-20 min. Strain and enjoy 1hr – 1/2 hr before bed.
This is a yummy safe tea that kids enjoy. For those that have a hard time getting their minds to shut off, I add Passionflower to it.
1st 2 Teas I got from Ryn Midura and Katja Swift from Commonwealth Herbs on one of their amazing podcasts.
Ginger Tea from Thomas Easley at ESHM.
Have fun making these teas!
I also have any of these teas available if you need them for purchase! 25% off for the rest of this month! (I even have frozen Ginger Cubes)
Friday Herbie Freebie!
I use this tea for so many other things. So many people used this during CoV and found it to be very helpful! Often used as a pick-me up in the mornings, and in the summertime it is a great cooling drink! Enjoy making this tea or you can contact me if you would just like to buy it.